Sunday, May 20, 2007

Fahrenheit 451 - Part 2

In part two of Fahrenheit 451, I understand the book even better. There are only a couple of things that I am not sure of though, such as the parlor, the walls, and the "family". In my opinion, the parlor is just a room where there are fake people, the family, in which to spend your time with. The walls, I believe, are large, enhanced televisions.

Also in part two of the book, I love how the author compares things to other things. For example, the green ear radio in Montag's ear is compared to a moth in a cave. Another thing Ray Bradbury did that interested me was the cliffhanger at the end of part two, stating, "'Why,' said Montag slowly, 'we've stopped in front of my house.'" I just can't wait to start part three so I could see what ends up happening to Montag.

2 comments:

zanderp said...

Ray Bradbury, does compair many thing to other things many times. Like in the begining of the story, he compaired the fire hose to a python, and the ear radio to the moth in a cave, like you said. I like the edscriptions Ray comes up with, they make the story a lot more interesting.

Miller said...

Good observations. How do those descriptions - a moth in a cave or a python - help strengthen the ideas Bradbury is trying to get across? What deeper meaning do they bring with them to the literal description?

Keep reading and thinking.