Friday, June 1, 2007

Important Blogging Ideas - Dystopia Essay

While reading the novel Fahrenheit 451 at first, I thought I was alone when I couldn’t comprehend the theme of the story. When I read other people’s blogs that were also reading the same book, I finally realized I wasn’t alone. Alex also didn’t understand some things I didn’t, such as the parlor and some quotes, such as, “I saw the damnedest snake in the world the other night. It was dead but it was alive. It could see but it couldn't see. You want to see that snake? It's at Emergency Hospital where they filed a report on all the junk the snake got out of you!”

Other people’s blogs also helped me understand the things I couldn’t comprehend. Italia describes how the mechanical hound replaces a Dalmatian in the firehouse, and is almost completely opposite of one.

Overall, it was a great experience to be able to read other people’s thoughts freely on the same book I read, Fahrenheit 451. It benefits my learning because I could see how I think similar to others. If we discussed everything in class, I wouldn’t get the same experience as I was now.

No comments: